Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 6.5% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $160.68 or 0.01834900 BTC on major exchanges including Coinone, Kucoin, Tripe Dice Exchange and Dgtmarket. In the last week, Litecoin has traded 17.7% higher against the dollar. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $8.87 billion and approximately $489.82 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0557 or 0.00000636 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 8.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0053 or 0.00000061 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004183 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.55 or 0.00006270 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.76 or 0.00008700 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.38 or 0.00027217 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.36 or 0.00038409 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00004562 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002159 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3.01 or 0.00034369 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bisq, CoinExchange, Livecoin, OpenLedger DEX, Qryptos, Bittrex, CoinsBank, Mercado Bitcoin, Coinbene, BX Thailand, RightBTC, BCEX, COSS, Gate.io, BitKonan, Tripe Dice Exchange, BTC Markets, Kraken, OKEx, LocalTrade, QuadrigaCX, Negocie Coins, Exmo, Dgtmarket, Cryptox, Exrates, Allcoin, Poloniex, Koineks, AEX, Bit-Z, The Rock Trading, Coinhouse, Upbit, Gatecoin, Braziliex, Bitinka, Bittylicious, ChaoEX, Huobi, Bitbank, LiteBit.eu, Bitmaszyna, CoinEx, TOPBTC, CryptoBridge, Coingi, Abucoins, Liqui, Bit2C, Tidex, Bleutrade, Altcoin Trader, Coinrail, BitBay, EXX, Bitfinex, BtcTrade.im, Binance, SouthXchange, Bitcoin Indonesia, xBTCe, OKCoin.cn, Bits Blockchain, Trade Satoshi, FreiExchange, CoolCoin, C-CEX, DSX, Bitsane, CoinFalcon, BITHOLIC, BitFlip, Waves Decentralized Exchange, TDAX, Bitso, Coinut, Bitlish, VirtacoinWorld, Bibox, Bitstamp, Tux Exchange, Kucoin, NIX-E, OkCoin Intl., BitGrail, RippleFox, BigONE, CoinEgg, GDAX, GOPAX, Mr. Exchange, WEX, Coinsquare, Mercatox, Coinone, BitMarket, HitBTC, Cryptomate, Cryptopia, Bithumb, Koinex, Stocks.Exchange, BTC-Alpha, ZB.COM, YoBit, Coinroom, Koinim and BTC Trade UA. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.