A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Marathon Petroleum (NYSE: MPC) recently:
- 2/5/2018 – Marathon Petroleum was downgraded by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Marathon Petroleum had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $79.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Marathon Petroleum was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 2/1/2018 – Marathon Petroleum had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $76.00.
- 1/30/2018 – Marathon Petroleum had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $89.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/16/2018 – Marathon Petroleum was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $81.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Ahead of its Q4 earnings release, we are upgrading our investment thesis on Marathon Petroleum to a 'Strong Buy'. We like MPC for its scale advantage, impressive asset quality and extensive midstream/retail network. We believe management’s steady dividend increases and active share repurchase program highlights the company’s commitment to return more value to shareholders. In particular, MPC’s recent plan to drop down assets worth $8.1 billion to its midstream partnership MPLX will boost its financials with visible cash flows to fuel buybacks and higher dividends. We also welcome MPC's decision not to spin off its Speedway convenience store business. We believe that the retail assets will help the company generate long-term returns for shareholders due to healthy merchandise margins. Consequently, we think MPC offers substantial upside potential from the current price levels.”
- 1/10/2018 – Marathon Petroleum had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a $75.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/3/2018 – Marathon Petroleum is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They set an “outperform” rating and a $83.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/31/2017 – Marathon Petroleum was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
Shares of Marathon Petroleum Corp (NYSE MPC) traded up $1.21 during trading hours on Monday, reaching $65.05. 1,425,104 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 3,971,489. The company has a market capitalization of $31,660.00, a PE ratio of 20.33, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 0.88 and a beta of 1.50. Marathon Petroleum Corp has a 1 year low of $47.78 and a 1 year high of $73.53. The company has a quick ratio of 0.80, a current ratio of 1.52 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.64.
Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The oil and gas company reported $1.05 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.00 by $0.05. The firm had revenue of $21.24 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $17.27 billion. Marathon Petroleum had a net margin of 4.60% and a return on equity of 10.04%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 22.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm posted $0.43 earnings per share. research analysts predict that Marathon Petroleum Corp will post 5.12 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In related news, VP Raymond L. Brooks sold 13,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, November 16th. The shares were sold at an average price of $62.26, for a total value of $809,380.00. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 32,205 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,005,083.30. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, VP C. Michael Palmer sold 17,298 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, December 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $64.55, for a total transaction of $1,116,585.90. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last 90 days, insiders sold 72,276 shares of company stock valued at $4,645,189. 1.05% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is engaged in refining, marketing, retail and transportation businesses in the United States and the largest east of the Mississippi. The Company operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing; Speedway; and Midstream. The Refining & Marketing segment refines crude oil and other feedstocks at the Company’s seven refineries in the Gulf Coast and Midwest regions of the United States.
Receive News & Ratings for Marathon Petroleum Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Marathon Petroleum Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.