Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 8:00 AM ET on February 12th. One Monero coin can now be bought for $248.19 or 0.02829850 BTC on exchanges including Mercatox, Cryptox, Kraken and HitBTC. Monero has a market cap of $3.90 billion and $47.22 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Monero has traded 27.7% higher against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 6.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000055 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0214 or 0.00000246 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.17 or 0.00036090 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 9.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.66 or 0.00019000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.94 or 0.00033668 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00012347 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 8.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0109 or 0.00000125 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 62.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00002900 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Mercatox, Cryptomate, Bisq, OKEx, Exrates, Bitfinex, Livecoin, Qryptos, Braziliex, Abucoins, Tux Exchange, LiteBit.eu, HitBTC, SouthXchange, Cryptox, Kraken, Exmo, Gate.io, Binance, Bittrex, Coinroom, Upbit, BTC-Alpha, Poloniex, Cryptopia and Bithumb. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.