Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Msci (NYSE: MSCI) in the last few weeks:
- 2/2/2018 – Msci had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $150.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Msci had its price target raised by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald to $163.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 1/31/2018 – Msci had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $135.00 to $146.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 1/30/2018 – Msci had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $142.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Fundamental Investment Case. We believe MSCI deserves a premium multiple ahead of the group due to its strong growth and long term margin expansion potential. MSCI grew revenues 12% in CY3Q17 vs. 14% for SPGI’s (OW) Dow Jones Indices segment. We value MSCI using a 20x EV/EBITDA multiple vs. 15x EV/EBITDA for the group. We believe there is room for multiple expansion as the company continues to outperform expectations. We expect shareholders to benefit over the long term from the growth in indexing, recent investments/reorganization, and capital allocation. We note indexing was up 30% y/y in the most recent quarter.””
- 1/4/2018 – Msci was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $143.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “MSCI Inc. is an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. They have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with their clients. Their broad product line supports clients’ needs across all major asset classes and provides them with a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office. They have a highly flexible business model that enables clients to select the individual products and services they need and integrate them into their own investment processes and methodologies. “
- 12/19/2017 – Msci had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $135.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Msci Inc (NYSE:MSCI) traded up $0.93 during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $137.41. 214,798 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 504,680. The company has a quick ratio of 2.05, a current ratio of 2.05 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 5.77. Msci Inc has a twelve month low of $91.48 and a twelve month high of $149.15. The company has a market capitalization of $12,292.59, a PE ratio of 41.39, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.52 and a beta of 0.90.
Msci (NYSE:MSCI) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The technology company reported $1.15 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.99 by $0.16. Msci had a net margin of 23.86% and a return on equity of 116.05%. The firm had revenue of $334.80 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $333.68 million. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.81 earnings per share. Msci’s revenue was up 14.3% on a year-over-year basis. equities research analysts expect that Msci Inc will post 5.41 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
MSCI Inc offers products and services to support the needs of institutional investors throughout their investment processes. Its segments include Index, Analytics and All Other segment. All Other segment comprises environmental, social and governance (ESG) and Real Estate segments. Its indexes are used in various areas of the investment process, including index-linked product creation and performance benchmarking, as well as portfolio construction and rebalancing, and asset allocation.
Receive News & Ratings for Msci Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Msci Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.