Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 9.8% higher against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on February 12th. One Namecoin coin can now be bought for $2.60 or 0.00029342 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including WEX, Altcoin Trader, BX Thailand and Cryptopia. In the last week, Namecoin has traded 20.6% higher against the US dollar. Namecoin has a total market cap of $38.38 million and approximately $202,372.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 6.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,889.53 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,281.29 or 0.14436500 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $4.15 or 0.00046742 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 14.8% against the dollar and now trades at $32.28 or 0.00363755 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 16.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.99 or 0.00033718 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $154.29 or 0.01738430 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00004704 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004280 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 4.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002340 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Cryptopia, YoBit, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, Bittylicious, Livecoin, Altcoin Trader, WEX, SouthXchange and Bleutrade. It is not currently possible to buy Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.