A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) recently:
- 2/10/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 2/7/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $180.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – CME Group had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $173.00 to $175.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – CME Group had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $170.00 to $175.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – CME Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sandler O’Neill. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – CME Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $172.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $155.00.
- 1/25/2018 – CME Group is now covered by analysts at Berenberg Bank. They set a “hold” rating and a $170.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/9/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/2/2018 – CME Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $164.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of CME Group have outperformed the industry in the last three months. The company has also witnessed its 2018 estimate moving north in the last 60 days. CME Group remains well-positioned for growth on the back of strong market position with diverse derivative product lines. Efforts to expand and cross sell its core exchange-traded business through new product initiatives and global reach also support growth. It intends to exit is credit default swap clearing business by mid-2018 and focus on over-the-counter clearing services on interest rate swaps and foreign exchange. This will free up $650 million as clearing member capital. However, expenses concern. It projects adjusted total operating expenses to be $1.08 billion and license fees to increase in the 10-15% band year over year. Exposure to interest rate volatility, limited credit availability can hamper liquidity.”
- 12/19/2017 – CME Group was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of CME Group Inc (NASDAQ CME) traded up $3.28 on Monday, hitting $160.13. 1,990,000 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 1,660,000. The stock has a market capitalization of $54,490.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 13.41, a P/E/G ratio of 2.05 and a beta of 0.64. CME Group Inc has a 1 year low of $114.82 and a 1 year high of $163.00. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.10, a current ratio of 1.03 and a quick ratio of 1.05.
CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, February 1st. The financial services provider reported $1.12 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.10 by $0.02. The firm had revenue of $900.00 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $886.85 million. CME Group had a net margin of 111.49% and a return on equity of 7.68%. The business’s revenue was down 1.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $1.14 earnings per share. equities analysts forecast that CME Group Inc will post 6.26 EPS for the current year.
In related news, Chairman Terrence A. Duffy sold 20,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, February 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $151.66, for a total value of $3,033,200.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chairman now directly owns 99,239 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $15,050,586.74. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, insider Sunil Cutinho sold 2,600 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, November 17th. The stock was sold at an average price of $139.57, for a total transaction of $362,882.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now directly owns 22,301 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $3,112,550.57. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 67,128 shares of company stock valued at $10,086,157 over the last three months. Insiders own 0.57% of the company’s stock.
CME Group Inc, through its exchanges, provides products across all asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural products and metals. The Company’s segment primarily consists of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc (CME), Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc (CBOT), New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc (NYMEX) and Commodity Exchange, Inc (COMEX) exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for CME Group Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CME Group Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.