Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Ecolab (NYSE: ECL):
- 1/29/2018 – Ecolab was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $155.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Ecolab Inc. has outperformed the industry over the last year. The solid performance came on the back of business gains and better pricing, which more than offset higher delivery product costs. Strength in the Global Institutional segment led by growth in the Specialty and Healthcare business lines is a positive. We believe a robust product portfolio and expanding customer base will drive organic sales over the long haul. On the flipside, the company expects a significant impact of the hurricanes on fourth-quarter sales and costs. Ecolab operates in highly competitive markets, which might mar its prospects over the long haul. We believe volatility in foreign currency exchange rates will remain a significant headwind for the company. Ecolab faces pricing pressure in the Energy segment which is likely to hurt profits.”
- 1/24/2018 – Ecolab had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from $129.00 to $137.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 1/24/2018 – Ecolab had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $140.00 to $153.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 1/23/2018 – Ecolab had its price target lowered by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $144.00 to $143.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 1/22/2018 – Ecolab had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Boenning Scattergood.
- 1/19/2018 – Ecolab had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada.
- 1/5/2018 – Ecolab was downgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 12/27/2017 – Ecolab had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $150.00 price target on the stock.
Ecolab Inc. (ECL) opened at $128.52 on Monday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.89, a quick ratio of 0.83 and a current ratio of 1.23. The firm has a market capitalization of $37,131.27, a P/E ratio of 28.88, a PEG ratio of 1.88 and a beta of 1.06. Ecolab Inc. has a 52 week low of $120.46 and a 52 week high of $140.50.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Tuesday, January 16th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, December 19th were paid a dividend of $0.41 per share. This represents a $1.64 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.28%. This is an increase from Ecolab’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.37. The ex-dividend date was Monday, December 18th. Ecolab’s dividend payout ratio is presently 33.26%.
Ecolab Inc provides water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. The Company’s cleaning and sanitizing programs and products, pest elimination services and equipment maintenance and repair services support customers in the foodservice, food and beverage processing, hospitality, healthcare, government and education, retail, textile care and commercial facilities management sectors in over 170 countries.
Receive News & Ratings for Ecolab Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ecolab Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.