Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 4.9% higher against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 8:00 AM E.T. on February 12th. Ripple has a market capitalization of $42.46 billion and approximately $2.21 billion worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Ripple has traded up 44% against the US dollar. One Ripple coin can currently be bought for about $1.09 or 0.00012380 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, Bitso, Bitfinex and Bitbank.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- NEO (NEO) traded up 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $114.01 or 0.01296540 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00004530 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.88 or 0.00021332 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0465 or 0.00000529 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00011448 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 8.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.38 or 0.00049763 BTC.
- U.CASH (UCASH) traded up 652.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002234 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 28.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $30.90 or 0.00351382 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.38 or 0.00106688 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002534 BTC.
Ripple Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: LiteBit.eu, Poloniex, Altcoin Trader, Bits Blockchain, Bitbank, CEX.IO, HitBTC, BCEX, Exmo, Bitfinex, Korbit, Bittrex, Bithumb, Bitso, Coinone, CoinEgg, Abucoins, Mr. Exchange, Ripple China, BX Thailand, Bitstamp, Coinbene, Bitcoin Indonesia, Rippex, AEX, BitFlip, Tripe Dice Exchange, Exrates, Koinex, Cryptomate, The Rock Trading, Qryptos, Binance, Gatehub, ZB.COM, Upbit, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Coinrail, RippleFox, Bitinka, Bitsane, BTC Markets, Gate.io, Huobi, Stellar Decentralized Exchange and Kraken. It is not possible to buy Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.