Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 6.7% higher against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 8:00 AM ET on February 12th. Siacoin has a total market capitalization of $787.81 million and approximately $11.38 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last week, Siacoin has traded up 19.1% against the US dollar. One Siacoin coin can now be bought for $0.0243 or 0.00000277 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BITHOLIC, Bisq, Abucoins and Bittrex.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $8,788.08 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $868.43 or 0.09901790 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,284.32 or 0.14643700 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $160.63 or 0.01831490 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $248.19 or 0.02829850 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 12.6% against the dollar and now trades at $27.76 or 0.00316556 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 8.4% against the dollar and now trades at $135.98 or 0.01550470 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $469.09 or 0.05348520 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 10.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.82 or 0.00111984 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Buying and Selling Siacoin
Siacoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Abucoins, HitBTC, Upbit, Poloniex, BITHOLIC, Bittrex and Bisq. It is not currently possible to buy Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Siacoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.