Steem Dollars (CURRENCY:SBD) traded 1.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on February 12th. One Steem Dollars coin can currently be purchased for approximately $4.69 or 0.00053372 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including OpenLedger DEX, HitBTC, Tidex and Poloniex. In the last seven days, Steem Dollars has traded 63.3% higher against the U.S. dollar. Steem Dollars has a market capitalization of $40.83 million and approximately $19.47 million worth of Steem Dollars was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 6.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,834.84 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,276.24 or 0.14511100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $4.18 or 0.00047522 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0009 or 0.00000010 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 10.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.27 or 0.00048548 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded up 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $105.60 or 0.01197900 BTC.
- Peercoin (PPC) traded up 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3.62 or 0.00041091 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 15% against the dollar and now trades at $32.07 or 0.00363837 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
Steem Dollars Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Steem Backed Dollars or simply Steem Dollars are stable value pegged assets issued in the Steem.it platform. SBD are pegged to the value of the USD and can be redeemed on the Steem.it platform for about one dollar worth of Steem. When Content creators receive rewards on the Steem.it platform they are made available in 50% Steem Power, which can be redeemed continuously over a period of 104 weeks, and 50% SBD which can be fully redeemed for Steem in a 5 day period. SBD can also be transfered on the Steem Platform and can be exchanged outside of the Platform. “
Steem Dollars Coin Trading
Steem Dollars can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, HitBTC, Poloniex, Tidex and OpenLedger DEX. It is not presently possible to buy Steem Dollars directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem Dollars must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Steem Dollars using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Dollars Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem Dollars and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.