Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of VMware (NYSE: VMW) in the last few weeks:
- 2/5/2018 – VMware was downgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $124.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – VMware was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “VMware faces intense competition from Microsoft and Citrix Systems which is a major headwind for the company. Several of the growth engines that the company is relying on could take longer to yield results. Thus, heavy spending on R&D may weigh heavily on its margins in the near future. Growth in license bookings has been muted for the last few quarters which is a concern. However, the company benefits from innovative product pipeline and strategic partnerships. Shares have outperformed the industry in the past one year.”
- 1/30/2018 – VMware had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $135.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – VMware had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $145.00 to $175.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/29/2018 – VMware had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $160.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $150.00.
- 1/23/2018 – VMware is now covered by analysts at Nomura. They set a “reduce” rating and a $108.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/17/2018 – VMware had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada to $150.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/11/2018 – VMware was upgraded by analysts at Cowen Inc from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 12/18/2017 – VMware was upgraded by analysts at KeyCorp from a “sector weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $142.00 price target on the stock.
VMware, Inc. (NYSE VMW) opened at $113.13 on Monday. The company has a market capitalization of $45,607.00, a PE ratio of 32.51, a P/E/G ratio of 2.35 and a beta of 0.81. VMware, Inc. has a 52 week low of $85.45 and a 52 week high of $165.00. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.51, a current ratio of 2.86 and a quick ratio of 2.86.
VMware (NYSE:VMW) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, November 30th. The virtualization software provider reported $1.34 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.27 by $0.07. The business had revenue of $1.98 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.97 billion. VMware had a return on equity of 18.57% and a net margin of 18.97%. VMware’s revenue for the quarter was up 11.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $1.14 earnings per share. equities analysts expect that VMware, Inc. will post 3.77 EPS for the current year.
VMware, Inc is an information technology (IT) company. The Company is engaged in development and application of virtualization technologies with x86 server-based computing, separating application software from the underlying hardware. The Company offers various products, which allow organizations to manage IT resources across private clouds and multi-cloud, multi-device environments by leveraging synergies across three product categories: Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC), Hybrid Cloud Computing and End-User Computing (EUC).
Receive News & Ratings for VMware Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for VMware Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.