Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 2/12/2018 – Xcel Energy was given a new $43.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/8/2018 – Xcel Energy had its price target lowered by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $49.00 to $47.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/5/2018 – Xcel Energy was given a new $43.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 2/2/2018 – Xcel Energy is now covered by analysts at UBS Group AG. They set a “neutral” rating and a $47.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/1/2018 – Xcel Energy had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $49.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/17/2018 – Xcel Energy was given a new $42.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 1/15/2018 – Xcel Energy was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Xcel Energy have gained more than the industry in the last one year. Xcel Energy is poised to gain from its long-term investment plans, focus on renewable generation and improving economic conditions in its service territories. The constructive regulatory orders will also help the company. The recently announced Colorado Energy Plan is part of company’s long-term objective to cut down emission. However, Xcel Energy’s rising debt level is a concern, in an interest hike environment, with its debt/capital ratio presently higher than the industry average. Lower-than-expected performance of its subsidiaries and cost of adhering stringent environmental regulation could hurt its profitability.”
- 12/31/2017 – Xcel Energy was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/26/2017 – Xcel Energy had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock.
Xcel Energy Inc (XEL) traded up $0.41 during midday trading on Monday, reaching $43.76. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 4,508,468 shares, compared to its average volume of 3,701,296. The stock has a market cap of $22,130.00, a PE ratio of 19.36, a PEG ratio of 3.18 and a beta of 0.12. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.27, a current ratio of 0.87 and a quick ratio of 0.68. Xcel Energy Inc has a fifty-two week low of $41.16 and a fifty-two week high of $52.22.
Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, February 7th. The utilities provider reported $0.42 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.43 by ($0.01). The firm had revenue of $2.80 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $2.84 billion. Xcel Energy had a net margin of 10.06% and a return on equity of 10.44%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up .0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $0.45 EPS. equities analysts predict that Xcel Energy Inc will post 2.44 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Xcel Energy news, EVP Marvin E. Jr. Mcdaniel sold 5,176 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, December 6th. The stock was sold at an average price of $51.07, for a total transaction of $264,338.32. Following the completion of the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 81,371 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,155,616.97. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Company insiders own 0.22% of the company’s stock.
Xcel Energy Inc is a public utility holding company. The Company’s operations include the activity of four utility subsidiaries that serve electric and natural gas customers in eight states. The Company’s segments include regulated electric utility, regulated natural gas utility and all other. The Company’s utility subsidiaries include NSP-Minnesota, NSP-Wisconsin, Public Service Company of Colorado (PSCo) and Southwestern Public Service Co (SPS), which serve customers in portions of Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Receive News & Ratings for Xcel Energy Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Xcel Energy Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.