Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 0.3% lower against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 9:00 AM ET on February 13th. Over the last week, Bitcoin has traded up 26.4% against the U.S. dollar. One Bitcoin coin can currently be bought for $8,671.72 on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitcoin Indonesia, RightBTC, ZB.COM and Bitso. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $146.23 billion and approximately $6.08 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,246.03 or 0.14421800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.19 or 0.00048467 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $29.32 or 0.00341166 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.67 or 0.00031021 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.52 or 0.00029373 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $151.43 or 0.01761910 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00004725 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 9.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004328 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002326 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Lbank, Bitstamp, BitGrail, Coinsquare, Bitonic, Coinroom, Bitfinex, BTCTurk, Coinfloor, Gatecoin, GetBTC, itBit, BX Thailand, EXX, Quoine, Tidex, CoinEgg, Liqui, Bithumb, Bitso, Paribu, QuadrigaCX, Bibox, Binance, Coinnest, BitBay, RightBTC, BTC Markets, Kucoin, Coinrail, Allcoin, Cryptopia, Mr. Exchange, HitBTC, GDAX, BitMEX, Upbit, Zaif, Bittrex, bitFlyer, YoBit, CoinExchange, Negocie Coins, WEX, Huobi, ACX, Kraken, Livecoin, Fisco, BL3P, Bitcoin Indonesia, BTCC, Independent Reserve, OKEx, LakeBTC, CoinsBank, Korbit, ZB.COM, Gemini, Exmo, CoolCoin, Bit-Z, Gate.io, BtcTrade.im, Bleutrade, CEX.IO, Luno, Bitbank, Foxbit, Coinone, BTCBOX and xBTCe. Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.