Ethereum (CURRENCY:ETH) traded 1.1% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on February 13th. During the last seven days, Ethereum has traded 25.1% higher against the US dollar. One Ethereum coin can currently be bought for approximately $850.18 or 0.09840100 BTC on major exchanges including Koineks, DSX, Exmo and Qryptos. Ethereum has a market capitalization of $82.97 billion and $2.21 billion worth of Ethereum was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,671.72 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,246.03 or 0.14421800 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $158.90 or 0.01839170 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $235.69 or 0.02727860 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 19% against the dollar and now trades at $33.04 or 0.00382440 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 10.4% against the dollar and now trades at $120.11 or 0.01390150 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $449.58 or 0.05203510 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.26 or 0.00107159 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $4.19 or 0.00048467 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In the Ethereum protocol and blockchain there is a price for each operation. The general idea is, in order to have things transferred or executed by the network, you have to consume or burn Gas. The cryptocurrency is called Ether and is used to pay for computation time and for transaction fees.If you want to earn block rewards from the network, you can join the network as a miner. Follow the link for a guide on how to mine Ethereum on a Windows Pc. The much easier but a bit more expensive way is to buy an Ethereum mining contract. Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work. As long as you have enough funds to pay for your code to be run by the network, your contacts will always be up and running.It was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed and maintained by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe. There is also an Ethereum foundation and there are multiple startups working with the Ethereum blockchain.Ethereum is currently on the “Homestead” stage and all its related software is still considered Beta until the release of the next stage “Metropolis”. If you are looking for a GUI interface for your wallet, try the Ethereum Wallet DApp. It's still in beta so be careful when you use it.Our block explorer data bellow is freely provided by etherchain.org and etherscan.io. “
Ethereum Coin Trading
Ethereum can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Kucoin, Kraken, OKEx, Gemini, QuadrigaCX, CEX.IO, Bittrex, Korbit, Binance, BX Thailand, Exmo, Coinsquare, Bitstamp, BtcTrade.im, COSS, TOPBTC, Livecoin, Bitbank, Bitcoin Indonesia, Cobinhood, Gatecoin, BigONE, Cryptopia, CoolCoin, GDAX, RightBTC, Bithumb, CoinExchange, BitBay, Bit-Z, Independent Reserve, Poloniex, ChaoEX, DSX, Lbank, Tidex, BitGrail, ACX, Huobi, GOPAX, Allcoin, Mercatox, Liqui, Bitso, Koineks, BTC Markets, Coinone, EXX, CoinEgg, ZB.COM, Gatehub, Coinnest, Upbit, Gate.io, YoBit, Coinrail, CoinFalcon, WEX, BTCTurk, Quoine, Bancor Network, Coinut, Mr. Exchange, Bitinka, Tidebit, Bibox, Qryptos, Bitfinex, EtherDelta, Koinex, HitBTC, bitFlyer, xBTCe and Coinbene. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum using US dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.