Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 0.3% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on February 13th. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 28.5% higher against the US dollar. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $8.77 billion and $524.35 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $158.90 or 0.01839170 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Braziliex, CoinEgg, NIX-E and LocalTrade.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0535 or 0.00000619 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0055 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00004119 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.56 or 0.00006456 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.80 or 0.00009208 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.31 or 0.00026833 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00004731 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 12.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.01 or 0.00035059 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002056 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 6.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.18 or 0.00036946 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: LocalTrade, Bitlish, GDAX, Huobi, Negocie Coins, Coinone, Cryptox, Tripe Dice Exchange, CoinEx, Altcoin Trader, BigONE, Allcoin, GOPAX, xBTCe, BX Thailand, ZB.COM, Trade Satoshi, Braziliex, YoBit, BITHOLIC, Poloniex, NIX-E, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bits Blockchain, Coinut, The Rock Trading, FreiExchange, Coingi, QuadrigaCX, OkCoin Intl., Koineks, BitBay, Coinroom, Liqui, Bit-Z, OKCoin.cn, BTC-Alpha, Exmo, TOPBTC, Bitfinex, Coinbene, BTC Markets, BCEX, Cryptopia, Livecoin, Bithumb, TDAX, Dgtmarket, Mercado Bitcoin, Bittrex, AEX, Bitso, EXX, Bitinka, ChaoEX, BitMarket, SouthXchange, Binance, Mercatox, CoinEgg, Tux Exchange, RippleFox, DSX, Abucoins, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Koinex, Bitmaszyna, Bittylicious, BitGrail, CoinsBank, Bitbank, Stocks.Exchange, BitFlip, COSS, LiteBit.eu, BitKonan, Coinhouse, Kucoin, CoinExchange, Bibox, Mr. Exchange, Koinim, CoinFalcon, Coinsquare, Gate.io, Bisq, CryptoBridge, VirtacoinWorld, CoolCoin, WEX, Bit2C, BtcTrade.im, Bitstamp, Upbit, C-CEX, Qryptos, Exrates, OpenLedger DEX, Kraken, Gatecoin, Tidex, RightBTC, Cryptomate, HitBTC, OKEx, Bleutrade, BTC Trade UA, Bitsane and Coinrail. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.