Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 3.6% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on February 13th. In the last week, Monero has traded 33.6% higher against the US dollar. One Monero coin can now be bought for $235.78 or 0.02728370 BTC on major exchanges including Cryptox, LiteBit.eu, Binance and Braziliex. Monero has a market cap of $3.71 billion and approximately $48.39 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0046 or 0.00000053 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0214 or 0.00000248 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.94 or 0.00033986 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 5.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.73 or 0.00020000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 10.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.60 or 0.00030122 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.06 or 0.00012283 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0107 or 0.00000124 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 11.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002500 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bisq, Coinroom, Tux Exchange, Mercatox, Livecoin, Binance, Upbit, Poloniex, BTC-Alpha, Cryptomate, Exrates, Braziliex, Exmo, LiteBit.eu, Kraken, Bithumb, Cryptopia, Qryptos, Bitfinex, Abucoins, Cryptox, Bittrex, HitBTC, SouthXchange, Gate.io and OKEx. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.