Obsidian (CURRENCY:ODN) traded 7.8% lower against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on February 13th. Obsidian has a total market cap of $10.21 million and $53,450.00 worth of Obsidian was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Obsidian coin can now be purchased for $0.41 or 0.00004729 BTC on major exchanges including C-CEX, HitBTC and Cryptopia. During the last seven days, Obsidian has traded 2.3% lower against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Cardano (ADA) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004348 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $30.65 or 0.00354792 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $13.36 or 0.00154671 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00002774 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.51 or 0.00005864 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $22.37 or 0.00258918 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.69 or 0.00031090 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0744 or 0.00000861 BTC.
- Rise (RISE) traded up 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.62 or 0.00007224 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded down 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.33 or 0.00015346 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Obsidian is a PoS cryptocurrency for popular use. It uses the more energy efficient SHA-512 hash algorithm to optimize for use on mobile devices and improved quantum computing resilience. ODN uses the proof-of-stake consensus strategy and pays a block reward of 20 ODN, which is equivalent to an interest rate of about 10%. In addition, Obsidian is the currency that powers to future Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger economy. The Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger allows for sending end-to-end encrypted messages, media, and files and is optimized for anonymity of communication and metadata protection/avoidance and does not require any user accounts, phone number or personal email address which could identify its users. The message transport will be accomplished by a decentralized network of special messaging masternodes that can be run by anyone by simply installing the respective software. Running messaging masternodes will be rewarded in Obsidian currency, so that messenger users and messenger masternode hosters form an economy which is independent from any company or country and maintained only by the open source community. Obsidian has an active Slack community in English with channels in русский and 中文, which welcomes traders, entrepreneurs, developers and everyone interested in science and innovation to share knowledge and learn. According to the White Paper, the current circulating supply is 24.4M. “
Buying and Selling Obsidian
Obsidian can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, Cryptopia and C-CEX. It is not possible to purchase Obsidian directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Obsidian must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Obsidian using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Obsidian Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Obsidian and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.