Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 1.9% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 14:00 PM ET on February 13th. During the last week, Peercoin has traded up 15.7% against the US dollar. One Peercoin coin can currently be purchased for about $3.51 or 0.00040745 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, Bit-Z and The Rock Trading. Peercoin has a total market cap of $86.52 million and $482,738.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $8,683.70 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,243.37 or 0.14410400 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.12 or 0.00047797 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.35 or 0.00050417 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 13.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000008 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $104.24 or 0.01208470 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $31.23 or 0.00362074 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 12% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 13.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.64 or 0.00030590 BTC.
Peercoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, Bleutrade, Bittylicious, YoBit, Bit-Z, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, BX Thailand, Poloniex, OpenLedger DEX, LiteBit.eu, HitBTC, Tux Exchange, WEX, The Rock Trading, Bittrex and Coingi. It is not currently possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.