Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on February 13th. Ripple has a total market capitalization of $40.29 billion and approximately $1.13 billion worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Ripple has traded 51.4% higher against the dollar. One Ripple coin can now be bought for about $1.03 or 0.00011955 BTC on major exchanges including Bitbank, Kraken, CEX.IO and Bitsane.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- NEO (NEO) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $112.26 or 0.01299290 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004520 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.82 or 0.00021060 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0439 or 0.00000508 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00011614 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.24 or 0.00049110 BTC.
- U.CASH (UCASH) traded down 32% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001472 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $26.66 or 0.00308580 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $9.15 or 0.00105847 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002481 BTC.
Ripple Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinone, Bitcoin Indonesia, Qryptos, Abucoins, Tripe Dice Exchange, HitBTC, ZB.COM, Exmo, Gate.io, LiteBit.eu, Ripple China, BCEX, Bitfinex, Gatehub, BX Thailand, BitFlip, Bitbank, Exrates, RippleFox, The Rock Trading, CoinEgg, Bitsane, Upbit, Huobi, Altcoin Trader, Bithumb, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Coinbene, Bittrex, Poloniex, Bits Blockchain, Bitso, Bitinka, Binance, BTC Markets, Rippex, Kraken, Mr. Exchange, CEX.IO, Bitstamp, Coinrail, Koinex, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), AEX, Korbit and Cryptomate. It is not presently possible to purchase Ripple directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.