Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar during the one day period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on February 13th. Siacoin has a total market cap of $753.93 million and $9.87 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Siacoin has traded 26% higher against the dollar. One Siacoin coin can now be purchased for about $0.0232 or 0.00000269 BTC on popular exchanges including Bittrex, HitBTC, Abucoins and Upbit.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,685.67 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $850.66 or 0.09843430 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,245.38 or 0.14410900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $158.62 or 0.01835480 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $235.78 or 0.02728370 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 19.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $33.07 or 0.00382624 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 9.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $120.03 or 0.01388900 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $450.09 or 0.05208280 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.26 or 0.00107159 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Buying and Selling Siacoin
Siacoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bisq, Poloniex, HitBTC, Upbit, Abucoins, BITHOLIC and Bittrex. It is not presently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.