Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 13th. Tether has a market cap of $2.23 billion and $2.40 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Tether token can currently be purchased for $1.00 or 0.00011726 BTC on major exchanges including Kucoin, Liqui, Kraken and Bibox. In the last week, Tether has traded 0.8% higher against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 3.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00011994 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00004778 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $111.05 or 0.01296270 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.80 or 0.00020984 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0432 or 0.00000504 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 1.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.21 or 0.00049155 BTC.
- U.CASH (UCASH) traded down 24.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001679 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $26.29 or 0.00306854 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.09 or 0.00106067 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002507 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Buying and Selling Tether
Tether can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Huobi, Upbit, Bibox, HitBTC, Bitfinex, Coinbene, Exmo, Gate.io, ZB.COM, EXX, Tidex, Kraken, Poloniex, Coinut, Binance, Bittrex, Kucoin, Liqui, OKEx and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to purchase Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.