Augur (CURRENCY:REP) traded 3.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 14th. One Augur token can now be bought for about $52.63 or 0.00570233 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including BigONE, ChaoEX, Liqui and RippleFox. Over the last week, Augur has traded 4.7% higher against the U.S. dollar. Augur has a market cap of $578.90 million and $9.21 million worth of Augur was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.07 or 0.00011579 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 11.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00004844 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $117.81 or 0.01276540 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 9.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.97 or 0.00021316 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 6.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0461 or 0.00000500 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010825 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.45 or 0.00048241 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $25.96 or 0.00281290 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.62 or 0.00104223 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002413 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Prediction markets are widely considered the best forecasting tool. Augur is an open, global platform where anyone anywhere can create, monitor or trade in prediction markets about any topic. Think of it as an “Early Warning System'' with the most accurate event forecasts, a potential “Google Search”, “Bloomberg Terminal” or “Reuters Terminal” for crowdsourced event forecasts. The system plans to use the “Wisdom of Crowds'' (“collective intelligence'') via market incentives, “Long Tail'' dynamics and blockchain technology to securely generate a more accurate, robust and unfiltered array of dynamic event forecasts than any alternative can match. Augur is decentralized, self-regulating, pseudonymous and autonomous. It offers the promise of markets without exposure to counterparty risk, principal-agent problems or central points of control, failure or censorship. No person is ever in direct control of someone else’s funds or in a position to single-handedly threaten the system’s integrity. The software is comprised of smart contracts perpetually deployed on a blockchain network, which enables applications deployed to be immune to local outages while benefiting from the entire community's security. All interactions with markets are communicated as database transactions between unique accounts powered by immutable software instructions. “
Augur Token Trading
Augur can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BigONE, HitBTC, Cobinhood, Bittrex, Abucoins, Mercatox, Gate.io, Qryptos, Upbit, Exrates, Radar Relay, IDEX, Gatehub, Mr. Exchange, Poloniex, Kraken, Liqui, RippleFox, LiteBit.eu, Livecoin, BX Thailand, ChaoEX, Cryptopia and Gatecoin. It is not currently possible to purchase Augur directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Augur must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Augur using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Augur Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Augur and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.