Bancor (CURRENCY:BNT) traded 7.4% higher against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on February 14th. One Bancor token can currently be purchased for about $5.39 or 0.00058159 BTC on popular exchanges including COSS, Tidex, EtherDelta and Binance. Bancor has a market cap of $208.48 million and approximately $7.65 million worth of Bancor was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Bancor has traded up 8.4% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00011605 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00004861 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 7.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $119.21 or 0.01285980 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.95 or 0.00021058 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0460 or 0.00000496 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 13.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.73 or 0.00051009 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010812 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 10.7% against the dollar and now trades at $9.96 or 0.00107446 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $26.11 or 0.00281670 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002414 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Bancor Protocol is a blockchain-based system for discovery and a liquidity mechanism supporting multiple smart contract platforms. The flexibility of these blockchains allows tokens to be locked in reserve and to issue smart tokens on the Bancor system, enabling anyone to instantly purchase or liquidate the smart token in exchange for any of its reserve tokens. The BNT is the first smart token on the Bancor system and it will hold a single reserve in Ether. Other smart tokens, by using BNT as one of their reserves, connect to the BNT network. The BNT establishes network dynamics where increased demand for any of the network’s smart tokens increases demand for the common BNT, benefiting all other smart tokens holding it in reserve.”
Buying and Selling Bancor
Bancor can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: COSS, AEX, Bittrex, Tidex, Bancor Network, Binance, HitBTC, Liqui and EtherDelta. It is not presently possible to buy Bancor directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Bancor must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Bancor using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Bancor Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bancor and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.