Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 6.8% higher against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on February 14th. In the last seven days, Bitcoin has traded up 13.1% against the dollar. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $155.67 billion and approximately $6.96 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Bitcoin coin can currently be bought for about $9,230.62 on cryptocurrency exchanges including Coinsquare, GetBTC, CoinExchange and BTCBOX.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,293.18 or 0.14042500 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.34 or 0.00047088 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 35% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 12.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $33.50 or 0.00363731 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.69 or 0.00029165 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 8.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.74 or 0.00029724 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $150.89 or 0.01638440 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 6.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00004681 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded up 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00004466 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 4.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002224 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Buying and Selling Bitcoin
Bitcoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tidex, Foxbit, Korbit, itBit, Huobi, CoolCoin, Liqui, Bitonic, Gatecoin, Bleutrade, Coinnest, Coinroom, Independent Reserve, RightBTC, Negocie Coins, Allcoin, Cryptopia, Kucoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, Paribu, Gemini, BX Thailand, Bit-Z, Gate.io, BTCBOX, Bithumb, HitBTC, Binance, ZB.COM, Coinrail, Quoine, Bitbank, CEX.IO, BitGrail, BitMEX, ACX, WEX, Zaif, Kraken, Bittrex, GetBTC, QuadrigaCX, Upbit, CoinEgg, Lbank, Luno, BL3P, OKEx, YoBit, BTCC, Fisco, Livecoin, BTCTurk, GDAX, CoinExchange, CoinsBank, bitFlyer, BtcTrade.im, Coinfloor, Bibox, Coinsquare, BTC Markets, Coinone, Bitso, BitBay, Mr. Exchange, Poloniex, EXX, Bitstamp, LakeBTC, xBTCe, Exmo and Bitfinex. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.