BitConnect (CURRENCY:BCC) traded 35.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 12:00 PM ET on February 14th. One BitConnect coin can now be bought for $4.06 or 0.00043672 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinExchange, Trade Satoshi, BCC Exchange and Livecoin. BitConnect has a market capitalization of $37.47 million and approximately $347,342.00 worth of BitConnect was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, BitConnect has traded up 44.8% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 32.7% against the dollar and now trades at $208.90 or 0.02256430 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0579 or 0.00000626 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 20.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0066 or 0.00000072 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004150 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 14.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.63 or 0.00006793 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 26.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.98 or 0.00010600 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.41 or 0.00025989 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.57 or 0.00038512 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00004463 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 7.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002064 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitfinex introduced trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. They have designated these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited). CSTs will trade as BTC and USD pairs, initially without margin and they will reevaluate that decision if there is sufficient liquidity. Users will be able to create CSTs by “splitting” a bitcoin through the Token Manager (located in the Order Type drop down menu of the sidebar order ticket). Once split, the BTC will be removed from their account for each BCC and BCU added. Through the same Token Manager, users will be able to reverse this process at anytime, trading in equal numbers of BCC and BCU to extract BTC. If no fork occurs by December 31, 2017, then BCU will expire worthless and BTC will be given in exchange for each BCC holder. If, however, there is a fork, specifically Bitcoin Unlimited, then, as soon as they list Bitcoin Unlimited, they will exchange BCU tokens for Bitcoin Unlimited tokens as well as retiring BCC tokens in favor of Bitcoin Core tokens. More detailed information can be found in the Chains Split Token Terms and Conditions. They are planning a few additional enhancements including a realtime display of total CSTs as well as segregated cold storage for the bitcoins that have been split, which we will periodically settle to and from their hot wallet. “
Buying and Selling BitConnect
BitConnect can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, Trade Satoshi, Livecoin, CoinExchange and BCC Exchange. It is not presently possible to buy BitConnect directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire BitConnect must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy BitConnect using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BitConnect Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitConnect and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.