Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded up 4.3% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on February 14th. In the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 72.6% against the US dollar. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $3.39 billion and approximately $1.09 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for about $33.98 or 0.00368844 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Quoine, Bitfinex, Cryptopia and Korbit.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $9,238.06 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $891.81 or 0.09679010 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1,360.13 or 0.14761800 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 31.7% against the dollar and now trades at $207.70 or 0.02254160 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 14.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $267.50 or 0.02903240 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 9.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $129.65 or 0.01407130 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $478.01 or 0.05187900 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.40 or 0.00102062 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $4.34 or 0.00047118 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: GDAX, Upbit, Bibox, Bitinka, Cryptopia, EXX, Kraken, Binance, TOPBTC, CoinFalcon, OKEx, WEX, Gatecoin, Quoine, Huobi, GOPAX, xBTCe, Livecoin, Tidebit, Kucoin, Independent Reserve, COSS, Gatehub, Bitso, Exmo, Mercatox, Coinut, Poloniex, CEX.IO, bitFlyer, Gate.io, Koineks, Cobinhood, Bancor Network, BitBay, DSX, Mr. Exchange, Allcoin, Bitstamp, Bittrex, Bitbank, Qryptos, Coinnest, EtherDelta, BX Thailand, Lbank, Bithumb, ZB.COM, HitBTC, BtcTrade.im, CoinEgg, Bit-Z, BTCTurk, RightBTC, YoBit, Liqui, CoinExchange, ChaoEX, BTC Markets, Bitfinex, Korbit, Gemini, ACX, BitGrail, Coinone, Coinbene, BigONE, Koinex, Bitcoin Indonesia, Tidex, CoolCoin, QuadrigaCX, Coinsquare and Coinrail. It is not presently possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.