Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 32.4% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 9:00 AM ET on February 14th. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for $209.20 or 0.02279360 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including LiteBit.eu, BitFlip, BitMarket and Liqui. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $11.55 billion and approximately $1.85 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last week, Litecoin has traded 38.9% higher against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 8.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0578 or 0.00000630 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 21.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0067 or 0.00000073 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004087 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 12.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.62 or 0.00006778 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 19.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.93 or 0.00010164 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.37 or 0.00025828 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.45 or 0.00037622 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.41 or 0.00004486 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 5.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002031 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.33 or 0.00036313 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bisq, DSX, Bit-Z, Mercado Bitcoin, Liqui, CoinExchange, EXX, Binance, Cryptopia, BTC Trade UA, Kraken, Coinhouse, Bit2C, AEX, BITHOLIC, OpenLedger DEX, Allcoin, Poloniex, xBTCe, BitFlip, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinone, Upbit, Huobi, CryptoBridge, BTC-Alpha, CoinFalcon, VirtacoinWorld, Coinrail, CoinEgg, BitGrail, Bitlish, GDAX, Livecoin, Kucoin, ChaoEX, Bitso, Trade Satoshi, Bitsane, BitBay, Braziliex, OKEx, Gate.io, TDAX, Coinut, WEX, Bitfinex, Tripe Dice Exchange, Qryptos, Gatecoin, Bibox, Exrates, CoolCoin, TOPBTC, GOPAX, FreiExchange, ZB.COM, SouthXchange, Koinex, Cryptox, Abucoins, Bits Blockchain, BigONE, Coingi, LiteBit.eu, Bitcoin Indonesia, QuadrigaCX, Cryptomate, NIX-E, Coinsquare, Mercatox, Coinbene, Negocie Coins, Bittrex, Dgtmarket, Bitstamp, BCEX, Mr. Exchange, HitBTC, Koineks, BtcTrade.im, Bleutrade, YoBit, CoinEx, OkCoin Intl., RightBTC, Bitmaszyna, RippleFox, The Rock Trading, BTC Markets, BitMarket, Altcoin Trader, Bitbank, Koinim, Exmo, BX Thailand, Bitinka, Tux Exchange, OKCoin.cn, LocalTrade, C-CEX, Coinroom, CoinsBank, BitKonan, Bithumb, Tidex, Stocks.Exchange, COSS and Bittylicious. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, GDAX or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.