Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 14.4% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 14th. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded 20.9% higher against the dollar. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.21 billion and $96.46 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for about $267.50 or 0.02903240 BTC on popular exchanges including Braziliex, Cryptopia, Upbit and BTC-Alpha.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 10% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0050 or 0.00000055 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0215 or 0.00000233 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.08 or 0.00033442 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.75 or 0.00019000 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 14.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.97 or 0.00032222 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded 7.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.13 or 0.00012282 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 9.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0115 or 0.00000125 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002251 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Braziliex, Cryptopia, Cryptox, Bitfinex, Bithumb, Bisq, Bittrex, Binance, Gate.io, LiteBit.eu, Exrates, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, BTC-Alpha, Coinroom, Upbit, Kraken, HitBTC, Exmo, SouthXchange, Cryptomate, Abucoins, Mercatox, Qryptos, Livecoin and OKEx. It is not currently possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.