Obsidian (CURRENCY:ODN) traded up 1.7% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on February 14th. Obsidian has a market cap of $10.28 million and approximately $64,950.00 worth of Obsidian was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Obsidian has traded down 12.3% against the US dollar. One Obsidian coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.41 or 0.00004352 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including HitBTC, C-CEX and Cryptopia.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Cardano (ADA) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004154 BTC.
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 7.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $33.03 or 0.00349504 BTC.
- OmiseGO (OMG) traded up 14.7% against the dollar and now trades at $15.49 or 0.00163905 BTC.
- BitShares (BTS) traded 11.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00002851 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.51 or 0.00005448 BTC.
- Particl (PART) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $23.26 or 0.00246144 BTC.
- Raiden Network Token (RDN) traded up 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.82 or 0.00029875 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 6.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0794 or 0.00000840 BTC.
- Rise (RISE) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.64 or 0.00006808 BTC.
- Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.31 or 0.00013862 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Obsidian is a PoS cryptocurrency for popular use. It uses the more energy efficient SHA-512 hash algorithm to optimize for use on mobile devices and improved quantum computing resilience. ODN uses the proof-of-stake consensus strategy and pays a block reward of 20 ODN, which is equivalent to an interest rate of about 10%. In addition, Obsidian is the currency that powers to future Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger economy. The Obsidian Secure Anonymous Messenger allows for sending end-to-end encrypted messages, media, and files and is optimized for anonymity of communication and metadata protection/avoidance and does not require any user accounts, phone number or personal email address which could identify its users. The message transport will be accomplished by a decentralized network of special messaging masternodes that can be run by anyone by simply installing the respective software. Running messaging masternodes will be rewarded in Obsidian currency, so that messenger users and messenger masternode hosters form an economy which is independent from any company or country and maintained only by the open source community. Obsidian has an active Slack community in English with channels in русский and 中文, which welcomes traders, entrepreneurs, developers and everyone interested in science and innovation to share knowledge and learn. According to the White Paper, the current circulating supply is 24.4M. “
Obsidian Coin Trading
Obsidian can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: C-CEX, HitBTC and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to purchase Obsidian directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Obsidian must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Obsidian using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Obsidian Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Obsidian and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.