Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded up 0.5% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 14:00 PM E.T. on February 14th. Peercoin has a total market cap of $86.84 million and approximately $1.13 million worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for $3.53 or 0.00038016 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, Tux Exchange, Bleutrade and OpenLedger DEX. Over the last week, Peercoin has traded down 0.8% against the US dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9,295.58 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,335.74 or 0.14395700 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 4.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.31 or 0.00046491 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded up 17.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0009 or 0.00000010 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.36 or 0.00046979 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 7.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $111.55 or 0.01202210 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 56.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 10.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $34.70 or 0.00373987 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.80 or 0.00030205 BTC.
Peercoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: SouthXchange, LiteBit.eu, HitBTC, Cryptopia, BX Thailand, Bittylicious, WEX, Bit-Z, Livecoin, The Rock Trading, YoBit, Bittrex, Poloniex, OpenLedger DEX, Tux Exchange, Coingi and Bleutrade. It is not presently possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.