Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) in the last few weeks:
- 2/9/2018 – Synaptics was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 2/8/2018 – Synaptics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Craig Hallum. They now have a $49.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $43.00.
- 2/8/2018 – Synaptics had its price target lowered by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $59.00 to $57.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/6/2018 – Synaptics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “There has been well documented reports on China handset weakness (Digitimes stated that the Chinese smartphone market could experience a -30% Q/Q in C1Q18 after a strong C4Q17 of up 10% Q/Q) as well commentary from companies in our coverage universe (ON is guiding its comm. business down Q/Q in C1Q). Furthermore MediaTek forecasted revenue in 1Q18 to be down 20% Q/Q in part due to softness in the Chinese smartphone market. In light of the expectation that smartphone unit sales will decline significantly in 1Q18, we have revised down our ests of TDDI and DDIC businesses. We remain positive on SYNA post the qrt. as we believe chip-on-film (COF) represents cheaper alternative to OLED displays while in-display fingerprint sensors offer the same form factor benefits (i.e. removal of the bezel) as Face ID but at much lower costs.””
- 1/13/2018 – Synaptics was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 1/12/2018 – Synaptics was upgraded by analysts at KeyCorp from a “sector weight” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 12/31/2017 – Synaptics was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Synaptics, Incorporated (SYNA) opened at $44.07 on Wednesday. The firm has a market cap of $1,490.00, a P/E ratio of -17.15, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.05 and a beta of 1.12. Synaptics, Incorporated has a 12-month low of $33.73 and a 12-month high of $64.54. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.65, a current ratio of 2.36 and a quick ratio of 1.85.
Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, February 7th. The software maker reported $1.11 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.08 by $0.03. The business had revenue of $430.40 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $430.59 million. Synaptics had a negative net margin of 5.04% and a positive return on equity of 13.70%. The company’s revenue was down 6.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $1.49 earnings per share. sell-side analysts anticipate that Synaptics, Incorporated will post 2.8 EPS for the current year.
Synaptics Incorporated is engaged in the development, marketing and sale of intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products. The Company is a developer and supplier of custom-designed human interface product solutions that enable people to interact with a range of mobile computing, communications, entertainment and other electronic devices.
Receive News & Ratings for Synaptics Incorporated Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Synaptics Incorporated and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.