Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 7.7% higher against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on February 14th. Siacoin has a market cap of $806.01 million and approximately $12.84 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Siacoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.0248 or 0.00000269 BTC on major exchanges including HitBTC, BITHOLIC, Bittrex and Poloniex. In the last seven days, Siacoin has traded up 9.3% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $9,238.06 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $891.81 or 0.09679010 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1,360.13 or 0.14761800 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 31.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $207.70 or 0.02254160 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 14.4% against the dollar and now trades at $267.50 or 0.02903240 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $33.98 or 0.00368844 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 9.1% against the dollar and now trades at $129.65 or 0.01407130 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 6.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $478.01 or 0.05187900 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $9.40 or 0.00102062 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, BITHOLIC, Bisq, Upbit, Abucoins, Bittrex and Poloniex. It is not possible to buy Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.