Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.3% lower against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 10:00 AM ET on February 14th. Tether has a total market capitalization of $2.21 billion and $2.71 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Tether has traded down 0.5% against the U.S. dollar. One Tether token can now be purchased for $1.00 or 0.00010825 BTC on exchanges including Binance, HitBTC, Liqui and Coinut.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.07 or 0.00011579 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00004844 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $117.81 or 0.01276540 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.97 or 0.00021316 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0461 or 0.00000500 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.45 or 0.00048241 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $25.96 or 0.00281290 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.62 or 0.00104223 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002413 BTC.
- RChain (RHOC) traded 14.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.02 or 0.00021893 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: ZB.COM, Liqui, EXX, HitBTC, Tidex, Exmo, Huobi, Bibox, Kraken, Binance, Cryptopia, Kucoin, Upbit, Coinbene, Bittrex, Poloniex, Coinut, Bitfinex, OKEx and Gate.io. It is not presently possible to buy Tether directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Tether must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Tether using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.