Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 6.4% higher against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on February 15th. One Bitcoin coin can currently be bought for $9,852.81 on cryptocurrency exchanges including Independent Reserve, BitMEX, CoinEgg and Coinrail. During the last seven days, Bitcoin has traded up 18.2% against the dollar. Bitcoin has a total market cap of $166.18 billion and approximately $8.30 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,363.14 or 0.13882000 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.47 or 0.00045547 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded up 30.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $36.98 or 0.00376565 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 11.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.05 or 0.00031036 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 7.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.95 or 0.00030057 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $150.32 or 0.01530850 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00004698 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 27.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00002974 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 7.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002284 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: OKEx, BTCC, Coinrail, itBit, Independent Reserve, bitFlyer, CoinExchange, CoinsBank, Liqui, RightBTC, Bitfinex, Paribu, Bitonic, xBTCe, BL3P, ACX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Binance, Gate.io, Gemini, BitGrail, CoinEgg, Poloniex, Bittrex, Upbit, BitBay, Foxbit, Kucoin, GDAX, Quoine, YoBit, CoolCoin, Bitso, BtcTrade.im, Gatecoin, BTC Markets, BX Thailand, Coinone, BTCTurk, WEX, Cryptopia, GetBTC, BTCBOX, Livecoin, ZB.COM, Luno, Bleutrade, Fisco, Bitstamp, Allcoin, Bithumb, Bit-Z, Negocie Coins, CEX.IO, QuadrigaCX, Exmo, Huobi, Lbank, HitBTC, Bibox, Zaif, Mr. Exchange, Coinnest, EXX, Kraken, BitMEX, Coinsquare, Coinfloor, Coinroom, Korbit, Bitbank, LakeBTC and Tidex. Investors seeking to acquire Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.