Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 6.6% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 15th. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $12.41 billion and $2.18 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for about $224.66 or 0.02274040 BTC on exchanges including BTC Trade UA, Bitmaszyna, Tidex and Tux Exchange. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 53.3% higher against the US dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0588 or 0.00000595 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 14.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0076 or 0.00000077 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00003905 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 4.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00006602 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.05 or 0.00010655 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.49 or 0.00025229 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00004316 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.36 or 0.00033974 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00001915 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded up 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $3.62 or 0.00036673 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: xBTCe, Bit-Z, YoBit, Exrates, Bitstamp, TDAX, Stocks.Exchange, Coinroom, GDAX, COSS, Exmo, Poloniex, Allcoin, Coinsquare, LocalTrade, Mercatox, BitFlip, Bit2C, BITHOLIC, Mercado Bitcoin, Bisq, BitMarket, Cryptox, OKCoin.cn, Bittrex, Bittylicious, FreiExchange, Dgtmarket, Coinone, Abucoins, Kraken, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Cryptopia, Huobi, Coinrail, BTC-Alpha, Bibox, Livecoin, SouthXchange, OpenLedger DEX, Qryptos, ZB.COM, DSX, Negocie Coins, Tidex, BX Thailand, Bitinka, OkCoin Intl., Binance, Bleutrade, WEX, C-CEX, EXX, Coinhouse, Liqui, CoinEx, CoinEgg, AEX, LiteBit.eu, CoinExchange, Bitfinex, BitKonan, CoinFalcon, GOPAX, TOPBTC, OKEx, Koineks, NIX-E, Kucoin, QuadrigaCX, RippleFox, BitGrail, The Rock Trading, Altcoin Trader, CryptoBridge, Cryptomate, CoinsBank, Bitbank, Coinbene, CoolCoin, Coingi, BTC Markets, Koinex, Koinim, Gatecoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, BigONE, Bitlish, BCEX, Coinut, Gate.io, Mr. Exchange, Upbit, Braziliex, Bitsane, VirtacoinWorld, BtcTrade.im, Trade Satoshi, ChaoEX, Bits Blockchain, HitBTC, RightBTC, Bitmaszyna, BTC Trade UA, Bithumb, BitBay, Bitso, Tripe Dice Exchange and Tux Exchange. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.