Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 2.4% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on February 15th. In the last week, Monero has traded 15.3% higher against the U.S. dollar. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.36 billion and $77.12 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $277.37 or 0.02819700 BTC on popular exchanges including Exrates, HitBTC, Gate.io and Livecoin.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 13% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0058 or 0.00000058 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0223 or 0.00000227 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded up 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.34 or 0.00033933 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded down 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.68 or 0.00017010 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 16.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.43 or 0.00034856 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 11.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.27 or 0.00012892 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0125 or 0.00000127 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002109 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, Tux Exchange, Coinroom, Bitfinex, Exrates, Poloniex, Qryptos, Cryptomate, Bittrex, Cryptox, Kraken, BTC-Alpha, Gate.io, OKEx, Binance, LiteBit.eu, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, Abucoins, Exmo, Mercatox, Bisq, Braziliex, HitBTC, Bithumb and Livecoin. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.