Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 6.1% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 10:00 AM ET on February 15th. One Ripple coin can now be purchased for approximately $1.14 or 0.00011494 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitfinex, Bitcoin Indonesia, Upbit and Bitstamp. Ripple has a market capitalization of $44.30 billion and approximately $1.58 billion worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Ripple has traded up 47.9% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Stellar (XLM) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00004608 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $122.90 or 0.01244020 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.08 or 0.00021042 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0468 or 0.00000474 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 21.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.43 or 0.00054951 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00010215 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 12.5% against the dollar and now trades at $10.89 or 0.00110185 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $26.26 or 0.00265844 BTC.
- RChain (RHOC) traded 10% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.26 or 0.00022826 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002323 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Ripple Coin Trading
Ripple can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, CEX.IO, Bitso, Coinbene, ZB.COM, Bittrex, BTC Markets, Gatehub, Bitsane, Bitcoin Indonesia, Mr. Exchange, Coinrail, LiteBit.eu, Huobi, HitBTC, Altcoin Trader, RippleFox, Bithumb, Bitinka, Ripple China, AEX, Bitbank, Rippex, BX Thailand, Upbit, Koinex, BitFlip, Kraken, BCEX, Bits Blockchain, Tripe Dice Exchange, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Qryptos, Binance, Exrates, Exmo, Abucoins, Coinone, Korbit, The Rock Trading, CoinEgg, Bitstamp, Gate.io, Cryptomate, Bitfinex and Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway). It is not presently possible to purchase Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.