Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded up 4.3% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 15th. One Siacoin coin can now be bought for approximately $0.0263 or 0.00000267 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including BITHOLIC, Bisq, HitBTC and Poloniex. During the last week, Siacoin has traded 18.9% higher against the dollar. Siacoin has a market capitalization of $854.19 million and $12.59 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 6.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9,880.82 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $939.59 or 0.09551680 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1,367.03 or 0.13896900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $223.02 or 0.02267160 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $277.37 or 0.02819700 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $35.03 or 0.00356143 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $130.52 or 0.01326800 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $470.27 or 0.04780640 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $8.77 or 0.00089109 BTC.
Siacoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BITHOLIC, HitBTC, Poloniex, Bittrex, Bisq, Upbit and Abucoins. It is not presently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.