bitCNY (CURRENCY:BITCNY) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 16:00 PM E.T. on March 12th. One bitCNY token can currently be purchased for about $0.17 or 0.00001945 BTC on major exchanges including AEX, OpenLedger DEX, BitShares Asset Exchange and Coinbene. In the last week, bitCNY has traded 9.2% higher against the dollar. bitCNY has a total market cap of $30.86 million and approximately $18.07 million worth of bitCNY was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.79 or 0.00008897 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 7.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $84.45 or 0.00947694 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 5.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003227 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.29 or 0.00014531 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0350 or 0.00000393 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00011221 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 0.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.87 or 0.00043465 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $7.86 or 0.00088201 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $15.63 or 0.00175372 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “bitCNY is a market pegged asset (MPA) issued on the Bitshares platform, these assets are known as bitassets or smartcoins. Smartcoins always have 100% or more of its value backed by BitShares (BTS), and can be redeemed for it at any time. Since the exchange rate of BTS to CNY can change, the blockchain protocol deals with increasing and decreasing supply accordingly. This allows users to trade and transfer stable priced tokens across the blockchain and to trade real world commodities like gold and silver in a decentralized manner. “
Buying and Selling bitCNY
bitCNY can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: OpenLedger DEX, Coinbene, BitShares Asset Exchange and AEX. It is not presently possible to buy bitCNY directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire bitCNY must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy bitCNY using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for bitCNY Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for bitCNY and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.