Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded down 3.4% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on March 12th. Bitcoin has a market capitalization of $157.36 billion and approximately $6.56 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Bitcoin coin can now be bought for about $9,302.58 on cryptocurrency exchanges including Allcoin, GDAX, Bittrex and Livecoin. Over the last week, Bitcoin has traded 18.9% lower against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,070.51 or 0.11609800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.54 or 0.00027596 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 7.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $17.03 or 0.00184214 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 5.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.04 or 0.00022119 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $160.74 or 0.01738940 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.97 or 0.00021327 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00002837 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded up 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00004997 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001949 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.11 or 0.00012001 BTC.
Bitcoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: GDAX, BTCC, Bitbank, BTC Markets, Allcoin, Coinnest, Liqui, Korbit, Gate.io, Livecoin, Binance, bitFlyer, Independent Reserve, itBit, BitMEX, WEX, Kucoin, Gemini, BitGrail, CoolCoin, Cryptopia, Upbit, CoinsBank, Coinfloor, Gatecoin, QuadrigaCX, LakeBTC, ZB.COM, ACX, Zaif, Mr. Exchange, Lbank, Bit-Z, Bleutrade, EXX, Tidex, Bithumb, HitBTC, BtcTrade.im, BTCTurk, RightBTC, Quoine, Luno, Paribu, Exmo, Fisco, BX Thailand, Bibox, Foxbit, Kraken, Negocie Coins, Coinsquare, Coinrail, Bitfinex, Huobi, CoinExchange, BL3P, BitBay, GetBTC, YoBit, Coinroom, Bitstamp, Poloniex, Coinone, xBTCe, Bitonic, Bitcoin Indonesia, CEX.IO, Bittrex, BTCBOX, Bitso, CoinEgg and OKEx. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.