BitConnect (CURRENCY:BCC) traded down 0.5% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 22:00 PM ET on March 12th. One BitConnect coin can currently be purchased for approximately $2.11 or 0.00023108 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Livecoin, Trade Satoshi, HitBTC and BCC Exchange. BitConnect has a market cap of $19.69 million and $18,988.00 worth of BitConnect was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, BitConnect has traded 13.4% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $178.15 or 0.01946520 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0375 or 0.00000409 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0040 or 0.00000044 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004021 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 12.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.47 or 0.00005161 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.65 or 0.00007089 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.62 or 0.00017651 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 10.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.69 or 0.00029369 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002315 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 11.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.84 or 0.00020149 BTC.
BitConnect Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitfinex introduced trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. They have designated these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited). CSTs will trade as BTC and USD pairs, initially without margin and they will reevaluate that decision if there is sufficient liquidity. Users will be able to create CSTs by “splitting” a bitcoin through the Token Manager (located in the Order Type drop down menu of the sidebar order ticket). Once split, the BTC will be removed from their account for each BCC and BCU added. Through the same Token Manager, users will be able to reverse this process at anytime, trading in equal numbers of BCC and BCU to extract BTC. If no fork occurs by December 31, 2017, then BCU will expire worthless and BTC will be given in exchange for each BCC holder. If, however, there is a fork, specifically Bitcoin Unlimited, then, as soon as they list Bitcoin Unlimited, they will exchange BCU tokens for Bitcoin Unlimited tokens as well as retiring BCC tokens in favor of Bitcoin Core tokens. More detailed information can be found in the Chains Split Token Terms and Conditions. They are planning a few additional enhancements including a realtime display of total CSTs as well as segregated cold storage for the bitcoins that have been split, which we will periodically settle to and from their hot wallet. “
Buying and Selling BitConnect
BitConnect can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: HitBTC, Trade Satoshi, CoinExchange, Livecoin and BCC Exchange. It is not presently possible to purchase BitConnect directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire BitConnect must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase BitConnect using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BitConnect Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitConnect and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.