BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded down 11.4% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 12th. One BlackCoin coin can currently be purchased for $0.29 or 0.00003212 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bittylicious, Tux Exchange, CoinEgg and CoinExchange. In the last seven days, BlackCoin has traded down 29.6% against the U.S. dollar. BlackCoin has a market capitalization of $21.96 million and $296,020.00 worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded down 8% against the dollar and now trades at $18.16 or 0.00203758 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded 7.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0548 or 0.00000615 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.04 or 0.00056539 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00006618 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMS) traded 22.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0723 or 0.00000811 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0417 or 0.00000468 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded 68.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0004 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- CybCSec (XCS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000031 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
Buying and Selling BlackCoin
BlackCoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Bleutrade, Tux Exchange, CoinEgg, Cryptopia, CoinExchange, Bittylicious, Livecoin, Bittrex, AEX, LiteBit.eu and Bit-Z. It is not presently possible to buy BlackCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade BlackCoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy BlackCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BlackCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.