Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 4.8% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on March 12th. In the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded 23.8% lower against the dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for about $20.57 or 0.00223751 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Quoine, YoBit, BitGrail and Livecoin. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $2.07 billion and approximately $222.08 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $9,276.65 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $704.02 or 0.07658120 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1,066.27 or 0.11598600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $179.35 or 0.01950950 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $258.83 or 0.02815430 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded 7.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.79 or 0.00117409 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $80.22 or 0.00872606 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $298.65 or 0.03248650 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.53 or 0.00027490 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Koinex, BTCTurk, BTC Markets, xBTCe, Mercatox, Bitfinex, EXX, Poloniex, OKEx, BtcTrade.im, Coinut, Exmo, Bitbank, Coinnest, EtherDelta, Liqui, ACX, Bittrex, Coinone, YoBit, Bithumb, Binance, BitBay, Kraken, Koineks, Mr. Exchange, Coinbene, Bitinka, ChaoEX, Bit-Z, Bibox, Independent Reserve, Upbit, BigONE, CoolCoin, CEX.IO, Gatecoin, DSX, RightBTC, bitFlyer, Kucoin, Tidex, COSS, Quoine, Coinrail, GDAX, Coinsquare, CoinExchange, Gatehub, Bitstamp, BitGrail, Cryptopia, CoinFalcon, WEX, ZB.COM, Cobinhood, Allcoin, BX Thailand, TOPBTC, GOPAX, Qryptos, Bitcoin Indonesia, Gate.io, HitBTC, Bancor Network, Lbank, Gemini, Bitso, QuadrigaCX, Livecoin, CoinEgg, Huobi, Korbit and Tidebit. It is not possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.