Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded up 1.2% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 22:00 PM ET on March 12th. During the last seven days, Komodo has traded down 15.6% against the U.S. dollar. Komodo has a market cap of $375.29 million and $1.62 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Komodo coin can currently be purchased for approximately $3.61 or 0.00039537 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, BarterDEX, Cryptopia and Upbit.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $79.24 or 0.00868313 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 4.6% against the dollar and now trades at $296.06 or 0.03244150 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded 11.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $21.80 or 0.00238885 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded down 17% against the dollar and now trades at $8.17 or 0.00089551 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.65 or 0.00018099 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 15.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00011317 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 10.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $67.44 or 0.00739000 BTC.
Komodo Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Komodo Coin Trading
Komodo can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, Bittrex, Cryptox, Binance, BarterDEX, HitBTC, CoinExchange and Cryptopia. It is not currently possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.