Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 8.5% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 21:00 PM Eastern on March 12th. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded down 29.1% against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for about $258.83 or 0.02815430 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bisq, Gate.io, Upbit and Livecoin. Monero has a market cap of $4.09 billion and $67.47 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0032 or 0.00000035 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0115 or 0.00000125 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 10.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.29 or 0.00024809 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 11.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.10 or 0.00012013 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.84 or 0.00019973 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.77 or 0.00008399 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 14.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0053 or 0.00000058 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001110 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, Mercatox, Exmo, Exrates, Gate.io, Qryptos, Bisq, LiteBit.eu, Braziliex, Binance, SouthXchange, Livecoin, Bithumb, Tux Exchange, BTC-Alpha, Kraken, Cryptopia, Coinroom, Cryptox, Bitfinex, Bittrex, Abucoins, HitBTC, OKEx, Cryptomate and Poloniex. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.