Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 9.8% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on March 12th. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for approximately $2.27 or 0.00025131 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Tux Exchange, Bittylicious, Bleutrade and WEX. Peercoin has a market capitalization of $56.07 million and $382,440.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Peercoin has traded down 25.1% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $9,105.63 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,044.56 or 0.11566700 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.49 or 0.00027538 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00040764 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $85.71 or 0.00947105 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $17.06 or 0.00188533 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.07 or 0.00022898 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $161.30 or 0.01782460 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: WEX, OpenLedger DEX, BX Thailand, Bleutrade, Cryptopia, HitBTC, LiteBit.eu, Bit-Z, Bittrex, Livecoin, SouthXchange, YoBit, The Rock Trading, Tux Exchange, Bittylicious, Coingi and Poloniex. It is not possible to buy Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.