Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 5.4% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 14:00 PM E.T. on March 12th. During the last week, Peercoin has traded 23.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. Peercoin has a total market cap of $58.69 million and approximately $328,862.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for about $2.38 or 0.00025940 BTC on popular exchanges including HitBTC, WEX, Bittrex and SouthXchange.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $9,240.90 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 7.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,050.26 or 0.11444200 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.45 or 0.00026717 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.69 or 0.00040173 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $87.70 or 0.00955605 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 10.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $17.08 or 0.00186163 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.06 or 0.00022426 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $161.00 or 0.01754400 BTC.
Peercoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: LiteBit.eu, Cryptopia, Bittrex, BX Thailand, Livecoin, OpenLedger DEX, Coingi, Poloniex, Bit-Z, HitBTC, Bleutrade, Bittylicious, The Rock Trading, WEX, Tux Exchange, SouthXchange and YoBit. It is not possible to buy Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.