Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 3.8% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 21:00 PM ET on March 12th. Ripple has a total market capitalization of $31.28 billion and approximately $355.57 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Ripple has traded down 17.5% against the U.S. dollar. One Ripple coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.80 or 0.00008703 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including AEX, Koinex, BCEX and Bitsane.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- NEO (NEO) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $86.49 or 0.00940773 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00003189 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.34 or 0.00014590 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0363 or 0.00000395 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00010879 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $4.06 or 0.00044139 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.11 or 0.00088257 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 4.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $17.34 or 0.00188667 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $814.46 or 0.08859430 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BTC Markets, Qryptos, LiteBit.eu, Binance, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, CoinEgg, Korbit, Bittrex, HitBTC, Bitinka, Ripple China, Altcoin Trader, Rippex, CEX.IO, Bitcoin Indonesia, Poloniex, Abucoins, Bitso, Coinrail, Tripe Dice Exchange, The Rock Trading, Bithumb, Koinex, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Huobi, BitFlip, AEX, BCEX, ZB.COM, Kraken, Bitsane, Mr. Exchange, RippleFox, Gatehub, BX Thailand, Bitstamp, Cryptomate, Bitfinex, Bitbank, Bits Blockchain, Exmo, Exrates, Upbit, Coinone, Coinbene and Gate.io. It is not presently possible to purchase Ripple directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.