Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded 2.5% higher against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 21:00 PM Eastern on March 12th. One Siacoin coin can now be bought for about $0.0145 or 0.00000157 BTC on major exchanges including BITHOLIC, Abucoins, Poloniex and Upbit. In the last seven days, Siacoin has traded down 27.1% against the US dollar. Siacoin has a market cap of $478.80 million and $9.25 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,270.58 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $704.97 or 0.07645020 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,068.98 or 0.11592600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $179.82 or 0.01950070 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 8.2% against the dollar and now trades at $259.41 or 0.02813230 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $20.58 or 0.00223180 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $10.80 or 0.00117134 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $80.14 or 0.00869039 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $299.86 or 0.03251840 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, BITHOLIC, Poloniex, HitBTC, Abucoins, Upbit and Bisq. It is not currently possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.