Steem Dollars (CURRENCY:SBD) traded down 1.1% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 12th. One Steem Dollars coin can now be bought for approximately $2.57 or 0.00028713 BTC on popular exchanges including OpenLedger DEX, Tidex, HitBTC and Bittrex. During the last week, Steem Dollars has traded 29.9% lower against the U.S. dollar. Steem Dollars has a market capitalization of $27.14 million and $2.62 million worth of Steem Dollars was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,062.70 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,039.31 or 0.11591700 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.39 or 0.00026695 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 10.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.62 or 0.00040394 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 1.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $86.80 or 0.00968117 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 5.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Peercoin (PPC) traded down 7.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00026089 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $16.16 or 0.00180208 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.03 or 0.00022652 BTC.
Steem Dollars Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Steem Backed Dollars or simply Steem Dollars are stable value pegged assets issued in the Steem.it platform. SBD are pegged to the value of the USD and can be redeemed on the Steem.it platform for about one dollar worth of Steem. When Content creators receive rewards on the Steem.it platform they are made available in 50% Steem Power, which can be redeemed continuously over a period of 104 weeks, and 50% SBD which can be fully redeemed for Steem in a 5 day period. SBD can also be transfered on the Steem Platform and can be exchanged outside of the Platform. “
Buying and Selling Steem Dollars
Steem Dollars can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, HitBTC, Tidex, Bittrex and OpenLedger DEX. It is not possible to purchase Steem Dollars directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Steem Dollars must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Steem Dollars using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Dollars Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem Dollars and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.